The Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa under Subclass 476 is an 18-months-valid visa program that invites overseas engineering graduates to Australia for work and study opportunities. It offers a great opportunity to increase the chance of being eligible for a permanent or temporary skilled migration visa.
The main applicant must be below the age of 31 at the time of lodgement.
You must have obtained an engineering degree at most 2 years before lodgement. You must have completed any of the followings in engineering:
- bachelors degree
- masters degree
- doctoral degree
- postgraduate diploma
Your study must lie in the following specialty:
- civil engineering
- structural engineering
- chemical engineering
- environmental engineering
- electrical and electronics engineering
- mechanical, production and plant engineering
- mining and material engineering
You must complete the degree at an institution that offers courses accredited through Washington Accord, or at any institution acknowledged by the Immigration Department of Australia.
English Language Proficiency
If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America, or the Republic of Ireland or hold a valid passport from one of these countries, you do not need to undertake any English ability test. Unless this, you must complete your English language test to apply.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTSYou have to obtain an overall score of 6 with a minimum score of 5 in each module; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT): You must secure a minimum total score of 64 with at least 4 for listening and writing each, and 14 for speaking; or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): Minimum total score of 50 with at least 36 for each module; or
- Occupational English Test (OTE): Minimum B for each part; or
- Cambridge C1 Advanced test: Overall total of 169 with the least average of 154 in each module.
This visa is not points tested.
You can be inside or outside of Australia at the time of applying for the visa. But, you have to be outside of Australia at the time of the decision of the visa unless you are a citizen of New Zealand holding a Special Category visa (Subclass 444). Consequently, in general, no bridging visa is issued.
Including a Family Member
You can include:
- Spouses, de facto partners or same-sex partners
- Children who are dependent on you
If you are already a holder of a Subclass 476 visa, you can apply for family members to live with you in Australia on 485 visas.
Conditions and Durations
Skilled Recognised Graduate Subclass 476 visa is valid for 18 months from the first date of entrance in Australia. You must meet all the health and character requirements of the Australian Immigration department.